Friday 11 April 2014

Sketch 10: Natsu Dragneel

Yay, a decade of blog posts!

I would like to congratulate myself for having the gung-ho-ness to post these sketches (not knowing if they are even being read or not).

But as they say, self praise is no praise, so I shall end my self-indulgence here.

The following sketch was inspired by an image sent to me by a friend of mine. Please take note that I have not read a single volume of Fairy Tale; and neither have I watched a single episode of its anime. If it does not resemble the so ever beloved six-packed main character that shoots out fire, please forgive me. (Yes, that was a disclaimer. Well, some sort of that)

This was the image sent by my friend:
fairy tail Natsu Dragneel Wallpaper

My first thought: This is epic. Nothing beats a fire breathing muscle man, not especially when he has pink hair.

So let's head on to the process of it.

EQUIPMENT: Mechanical pencil 0.5mm, Eraser, Pilot G-2 pen 0.5mm, Pilot G-2 pen 0.38mm, Pilot G-2 pen 1.0mm, Artline 0.1:

I spent about 10 minutes sketching the outline of Natsu. This was a brief process as too much details shouldn't be added at this early stage:

 After sketching the rough outline of his body, I went on to add more details into it, including that sexy 6-pack of his:
When i was done with the sketching, I moved on to the pens. This time I utilised alot of my Artline 0.1mm because it was fine enough to highlight the details of the drawing. The fire took quite a huge amount of time and effort. Here's a sneak peek of the piece when I was halfway through it:

After about 2+ hours, it was finally completed. Here is what the final outcome looks like:

Although I have no idea what I was drawing, I still had great fun working on this. And here I thank my friend for suggesting this marvel of a picture to me, and thank you for bearing with me throughout the whole process of it. 

:D 


No comments:

Post a Comment