Friday 14 March 2014

Sketch 8: Bahamut (Fury)

Here's another one that I stumbled upon while browsing through the Final Fantasy Wikia page. I was sitting at a table in my University's library when I decided to pull my sketch book out.

We all know that Final Fantasy Aeons are badass and cool, but if you haven't already acknowledge the existence of Bahamut, trust me, be prepared to be blown out of your seat (that's assuming that you are sitting down when you saw this).

This was what I came across:
And as you know, I sketch only using black inked pens or pencils, so the golden was out of the question. I considered adding some green at where the orbs are, but I couldn't find my green pen. Oh well.

So without further adieu, let's begin!


EQUIPMENT: Mechanical pencil 0.5mm, Eraser, Pilot G-2 pen 0.5mm, Pilot G-2 pen 0.38mm
I began sketching a draft for the sketch. This took me about 10 minutes:
Next, I started to sketch out the details. I started out, as usual, with a pencil. This took me around 1.5 hours. Here is what it looked like:
 Next, I spent about 50 minutes inking the sketch. Here's what it looked like:


I was considering leaving it like this, but I thought to myself: what the heck. So after 1.5 hours of shading and hatching, this was the final product:


The outcome was actually not as bad as I thought it would be. Although this (like my other sketches) took me a long time and effort to do, I still enjoy it.

FUN FACT: Bahamut (Arabic بهموت Bahamūt) originated as an enormous whale in ancient pre-Islamic Arabian mythology. Upon Bahamut's back stands a bull with four thousand eyes, ears, noses, mouths, tongues and feet called Kujuta (also spelled "Kuyutha"). 

Source: finalfantasywikia

No comments:

Post a Comment