Friday 28 February 2014

Sketch 7: Tail beasts (Bijuu)

Alright. This is by far the most challenging and time consuming piece that I have ever done.

Think of Naruto. Now think of the tail beasts. Then think of the jinchuurikis. Now picture them all on the same piece of paper. That's what you are about to see.

So this was actually another 'request' by my friend. No matter how casual the 'request' might have been, I was still quite gung-ho about the whole idea. So I started searching for the image that I wanted to use as a reference. This was what I got:


Looks crazy, I know. Trust me, I have spent quite some time just staring at the image, wondering to myself: Where on earth am I gonna start? After some serious considerations, I decided to start with the main character.

So, let's begin!

EQUIPMENT: Mechanical pencil 0.5mm, Eraser, Kneaded eraser:

(I used a art block paper this time rather than a normal sketch book paper)

Oh, I used close to 10 leads while working on this. Also, the kneaded eraser helped me loads in dealing with the narrow spaces.


This was after approximately 1.5 hours:
The adjustments of the positions proved to be quite challenging. I had a hard time determining the position of Naruto. And because he is somewhat of a centerpiece, his position on the paper has to be perfect. This is because I am using him as a reference point to draw the other jinchuurikis and bijuus.

This is what it looks like when everyone is in the picture. Talk about a big family:
 Here's a sneak peak at the end product. (This photo was actually taken because I was tired of shading :P)

*Drumrolls...*

Ta-da!! Here is the final product: (Please ignore the irrelevant background. Heh)
This took me around a combination of 5, maybe 6 hours.
And yes, it was tiring.
Yes, it was frustrating when I couldn't get the right shade.

But, it was worth it :)


No comments:

Post a Comment