Wednesday 8 January 2014

Sketch 1: Luso and Chocobo

Alrighty. My first official post. As you will find out more about me and my sketches, being a typical male in this day and age, I am (cue suspense) a fan of video games.

But what sort of games, you ask? Well, what else other than the famous and popular Square Enix series. So my first exposure to the series is Final Fantasy VIII, which featured a whole lot of things worth being excited for. The graphics was stunning (compared to other games played on the same platform).

Years later, more and more games were released by SE, and one which really caught my attention was the tactics series. Different from the usual turn-based combat system, FF Tactics gave the series a fresh look. Something the series needed, despite the ongoing success of the usual FF titles.

So there I was, browsing through the Final Fantasy Wiki page, looking for images. I am someone who prefers and enjoys referencing (that is to draw using a reference picture). And I came across this picture of Luso riding a Chocobo. And I thought to myself: Meh, why not?

Oh, and I will also let you know the tools that I used for each sketch. Ain't that a bonus? :D

EQUIPMENT: Mechanical pencil 0.5mm, Eraser, Pilot G-2 pen 0.5mm
For me, I usually draw the outlines once with a mechanical pencil, and then layer it will a pen. Only then I erase the pencil markings. So here is what it looks like after the pencil sketchings:
 And then the pen:

 And after touching up here and there, the final result:
There you go :) Oh, fun fact to all SE fans: The name Square Enix actually originates from a merger between two companies, Square and yes, you've guessed it, Enix.

No comments:

Post a Comment