Wednesday 22 January 2014

Sketch 5: Auron

BQHH6J3K68VU

I gotta say, Auron blew me away when I first played Final Fantasy X. His cool facade; his awesome outfit; and not to mention his swaggelicious sunglasses.

Also, I love his quote: This is it. This is your story. It all begins here.

So, I began my search for an image to refer. And here we go!

EQUIPMENT: Mechanical pencil 0.5mm, Eraser, Pilot G-2 pen 0.5mm, Pilot G-2 pen 0.38mm, Artline 200 Fine 0.4
I guess it is quite obvious why I included an Artline pen :) Here's the pencil draft:

I'm actually quite glad that this Final Fantasy character doesn't have a million and one details on him. Although the red was slightly tiring. But it was nonetheless satisfying. Here's after inking:
Believe it or not I actually considered leaving this as it is. I really like how it looks after the ink. But somewhere inside me prompted me to add in the shades and color. I was actually praying that I don't ruin the sketch with the red. The result isn't all that perfect, but it was not as bad as I would've thought:

There you go. Auron :D

FUN FACT: In the game Kingdom Hearts, Auron is one of the two Final Fantasy characters which featured as an active party member. The other one? Well, who else? Cloud of course! 

No comments:

Post a Comment