Friday 10 January 2014

Sketch 2: Hashmal

Before I began the attempt of drawing Hashmal, to be honest, my memory of Hashmal only resurfaced when I played Final Fantasy Tactics Advance 2: Grimoire of the Rift. When it comes to Guardian Forces or Espers or Scions or Lucavi (the list goes on and on), my top few are the likes of Ifrit, Adrammelech, Shiva, or sometimes Bahamut. Despite the minimal appearances and promotion of this creature, Hashmal is no weakling when it comes to badassery.

My thought when I first looked at the image was: That is one difficult one to draw. But a part of me went (as usual): what the heck. Let's do this.

The reason why Hashmal was such a pain in the buttocks was because the details were hard to draw (at least to me it was).

Now, let's get to it!

EQUIPMENT: Mechanical pencil 0.5mm, Eraser, Pilot G-2 pen 0.5mm
Here it is after I applied it with pen. I forgot to take one down with only the pencil markings. Sorry, my bad: 
Why does Hashmal need such a extravagant piece or equipment? Only the designing team in SE knows. After what seemed to be an hour or more, I finally finished off the details. Here's a close up on one of the sides of the sketch:
I actually decreased the details massively when I applied the layer of pen over the pencil. Here is the final piece:
 There you go. Also, I think I would keep up the fun fact section, just for the fun of it :)

FUN FACT: 'Hashmal' is the name of the leader of the second order of Angels (Hashmalim) in the Jewish belief.
Source: finalfantasywikia

Oh, when I was working on the gloves, I kept thinking of Kratos' Nemean Cestus in God of War III.
Ya? See the resemblance? No? Okay, it's just me then.

Anyway, thanks for your time! :D


No comments:

Post a Comment