Sunday 12 January 2014

Sketch 3: Adrammelech

Phew, this is one tiring one. Having first seen Adrammelech in the first Final Fantasy Tactics Advance, I was stunned by the elegance and complexity of the scion. Being deemed the Totema for Bangaa(s), this is one armored dragon. Donning a emerald-green and ruby-red piece of armor, this has got to be one of the 'smartest' looking scion out there.Again, I can't seem to stress this bit quite enough: the designing team at SE is crazy when it comes to details. In my previous post I mentioned about Hashmal; this is no different.

Alright, let's get it on with!

EQUIPMENT: Mechanical pencil 0.5mm, Eraser, Pilot G-2 pen 0.5mm, Pilot G-2 pen 0.38mm
The reason why I used an even finer pen (0.38mm) is because the details are just so crazy. With the 0.5, I could only go through a portion of the patterns on the armor. Here is a shot after the pencil:
The thing about inking is, I would often improvise with the pen, rather than 100% following the pencil markings. This way, although mistakes might arise, it provides me with more freedom.

Here is one after inking:
Crazy, ain't it? And this is only about 75% of detail. The other 25%, I couldn't fit them into the sketch without an even finer pen. And after touching-up:
There you go! :D It took me about 2 hours plus to complete the whole sketch.
Time to wipe my brow, grab myself a bucket of chips, throw myself onto the couch and watch some television.

FUN FACT: In Assyrian mythology, it is said that children were sacrificed to a God called Baal Adramelech.
Source: finalfantasywikia

Thanks for your time (TFYT)!

CUBS6CQC9M8F

No comments:

Post a Comment