Wednesday 15 January 2014

Sketch 4: Chaos

I came to know about Chaos when I was playing Final Fantasy Tactics A2: Grimoire of the Rift. Chaos is a scion that can be summoned by anyone who has the Ring of the Wheel equipped. And again, this scion, like all other scions, looks badass as ever.

Sitting on what seems to me like a gigantic lotus, Chaos looks like he-or it-could easily rule the Underworld. What really caught my attention was the etymology of Chaos. (Refer to FUN FACT for the details)

Alrighty then, here it is!

EQUIPMENT: Mechanical pencil 0.5mm, Eraser, Pilot G-2 pen 0.5mm, Pilot G-2 pen 0.38mm

Chaos is slightly more challenging compared to other scions such as Adrammelech because of its relative size. What do I mean? Have a look at my pencil sketch:
I have to admit. In the original artwork, Chaos' 'throne' looks much bigger compared to my sketch. I had a tough time gauging the relative sizes between Chaos and his armor-like exterior. Also, I've reduced the size of the 'lotus' he is sitting on as it wouldn't fit my sketchbook if I hadn't done so. Conclusion: NOT EASY.

Here is what it looks like after inking:
Ain't half bad, eh? :P Anyway, I proceeded with the last step, and here it is:
There you go: Chaos, the Walker of the Wheel.

FUN FACT: In Japanese, Chaos is known as Rinne, which is the Japanese term for Saṃsāra, the endless cycle of life, death, and rebirth in Buddhism, Hinduism, and other Indian religions.
Source: finalfantasywikia

Now you know why Chaos is known as the Walker of the Wheel.


No comments:

Post a Comment